Dension DAB+U – DAB via USB.
Spesialutgave til intern bruk for Dension DAB+U spesialister – med LCD-display for å måle mottak!
(Received Signal Strength Indicator) value:
- The bigger is the better value (In case of not having
reception at all, it will show strange values)
- The value means the RF signal strength seen by the DAB
tuner itself, so anything ouside of the DBU box has influance on it
(position, weather, antenna, antenna power adapter, connector, etc.).
Therefore it can be used well for comparison tests between 2 antenna
systems (e.g. an antenna alone compared to another antenna with power
(Signal to Noise Ratio):
- The bigger is the better value
- The value means the SNR seen by the DAB tuner itself,
so anything ouside of the DBU box has influance on it. The difference
compared to the RSSI is that here not only the RF signal is measured, but
also the RF noise. It can be used to see if an extra component in the RF
input gives extra noise or not (if it doesn’t change the signal strength
(Bit Error Rate):
- The smaller value is better. The value is 0, if the
reception and decoding is perfect, and -1 if the BER can not be determined
- The shown value needs to be multiplied by 10^(-6),
that will be the real value. If the shown value is smaller than 100 (so
the real BER is smaller than 10^(-4)), the audio decoding should be OK.